Website Builders and Their Key Aspects
Website Builders and Their Key Aspects. When it comes to developing a website, it not only requires money and time but also a lot of design aspects. In case you wish to develop a website for your business, then you can take services of professional web designing companies. But hiring them can cost you a lot and the development time is considerably high. For most of the business, time and cost is a valuable asset which should be used carefully.
The website builders are a great way to develop a website. It only requires you to get a website builder which is affordable to you along with offering you essential features which are required to create a website. As your business grows, it should offer you the ability to scale up your website. The best website builders often offer plans which allow you to scale up as per the evolving status of your business.
The ease of usage of a website builder is often regarded as an important factor by most of the website builder reviews. A great website builder should not only be easy to use but also to learn. It should offer a wide range of templates to choose from. It should allow you to make additional pages to the website as your business grows.
Wix is a great website builder which offers a great collection of professionally designed templates. It also has drag and drop interface which make use of an artificial design intelligence which helps in designing of website both easier as well as faster.
A major aspect of your business is an online presence, and a website builder should be search engine friendly if you employ one to create your website. Your website should feature in top rankings in search engines on target keywords in order to generate more traffic.
Weebly is among the most user-friendly website builder present in the market. It provides pre-designed page layouts as well as templates which can be modified. It works great as it provides drag and drop interface. It also allows you to scale up as per the requirement of your business. It also has great SEO features as it provides better page speed and loading time. This makes your website easy to load and hence makes it search engine friendly. WordPress is another great website builder which offers best SEO features which we will highlight later in the article.
But first, let’s look into what are the key differences in DIY website builders mentioned above and WordPress.
- When it comes to launching your website, DIY website builder allows you to simply choose the template, change the layout as well as edit the content. A drag and drop website builder also allows you to see the changes as you make them. WordPress does offer more choices as well as flexibility to the functions and looks of the website. It offers a large number of themes as well as plugins. However, WordPress has a higher learning curve than DIY website builders, and it does require some knowledge of HTML.
- When it comes to content management, both DIY website builders and WordPress are quite capable. However, content management is easier in DIY website builders as it requires lesser effort and knowledge than WordPress.
- Design configuration is another key aspect of website designing. WordPress can be quite difficult to non-tech savvy users. DIY website builders such as Webydo allows the user to make easier design changes by simply dragging, dropping, resizing and even rotating the web design objects.
Now, we get into the benefits of website builders.
- Most of the website builders have their own in-built scripts as well as HTML which means that you need not have to write any code. In case you have knowledge of few programming languages, the builder does allow you to save a lot of time and efforts.
- When it comes to designing website, you may require the ability in graphic design. A good website also needs to have a good sense of style. It is essential to understand this aspect of the website as it attracts more visitors and increases your traffic. Most of the website builders come with different types of graphic abilities.
- A good website should be easy to use. It should allow the users to simply click some buttons and fill in their details. In case your website is confusing, the users will not be able to interact with your website. A good website should also have a good flow. The website builders offer various templates which can be customized as per your specific needs.
- A website builder also allows you to upgrade and update your content. It means you don’t need to write a new code every time you have to make changes to your website. You can changes the content easily like you can add any image that you want to be dropped into a particular area without any significant effort.
Now, let’s look at the few disadvantages that website builders have.
- It is important to have versatility as well as flexibility to your website which website builder doesn’t offer. It provides limited capabilities which don’t make easier for you to make your website truly unique. Website builder may help you in saving cost, but in case you wish to add complex features to your website, it is generally quite difficult and in some case impossible to do so.
- Most of the website builders offer a collection of designs and layouts to choose from. They may provide the ability to change few elements such as fonts and colours but the options are limited. Since most of the users are offered with the same range of these designs and layouts, it may lead your website to look similar or exactly like to someone else’s website.
- In case you need to change your website for search engine optimization as well as implementing other online marketing strategies, it is possible only when you have access to the source code. The website builders do offer some SEO packages to improve your website ranking, but since you don’t have access to source code, you can make your own adjustments.