Flowers are one type of plant that is loved by almost all people. 6 Best Tips and Tricks For Arranging Flowers. They make wonderful home decor as well eye-catching adorments to the outside of the home. To make flowers even more pleasing to the eye, many people choose to arrange them in beautiful and unique ways. Arranging flowers is not a difficult task to learn. All that you need is a little imagination and creativity.
The following is a list of 6 Best Tips and Tricks to arranging flowers:
1. When arranging flowers choose the colors that you find appealing. Colors that display joyfulness and vibrancy include bright colors such as red, yellow, and blue. If you are looking for an arrangement that reflects a season such as Fall, use orange, brown and a dark deep red.
2. There are different types of flowers you can work with. You can use fresh flowers, dry flowers or artificial flowers. For the type of flower you choose, you will need floral foam. Green water-retaining foam is used for fresh flowers and flora. Brown foam is used for dried or artificial flowers. For fresh flowers, soak the foam in warm water with plant food. For dry and artificial flowers, you do not soak the foam. You just have to add glue to the foam to make sure they stick to the container that they are placed in.
3. Once you have placed the foam in the container and it is secure, place short pieces of bushy greenery along the base to cover the sponge. For dry flowers, you can use floral tape to cover the foam and lay heavy flowers along the base. For traditional arrangements, always cut your floral foam about 1 “higher than the rim of the container.
4. When organizing, use the largest and heaviest flowers along the base. Arrange one flower at a time. Shorten the stems as necessary. Arrange them like a pyramid or ball shape. Make sure the shape is smooth and edges even.
The flowers should face outwards and at an appropriate angle. Use a knife to slant and shape the stems. A sharp edge knife is needed to make a sharp smooth cut that will permit water to enter the flower stems. Do not bunch the flowers. Fill in extra holes with some long greens. Make sure the greens do not clump together. Smaller blooms can be grouped to make a unique appearance. Group flowers freely by arranging them close to each other.
5. It is important to remember that some flowers dry up before others, so if you want the arrangement to last a long time, pick flowers that last long. Some flowers that last a long time are carnations and roses.
The fresh flowers should be watered every few days, Flowers such as Baby’s Breath make the remaining display more stylish and striking. If some of the flowers die earlier then the others you can remove and replace them with some other fresh flowers. Scented flowers can be overwhelming in small bound areas. The dried and artificial flower arrangement should last.
6. Other additions that make the flower arrangement look elegant include corn, fruits, berries, and much more.
Arranging flowers is a fun and creative way to add life and vibrancy to a home. Keep flowers away from sunlight and heating vents. Recut stems and add water often. Save larger leaves and stems with leaves on them to fill in around the flowers. Drape some of the greenery over the container’s rim.