Malware infection on blogsMalware infection is a common “harm” that can be caused to your blog, believe it or not, as cyber criminals are very creative in doing their malicious work. Some sources of infection for your blog can be:
Checking whether your blog is infectedWhen you created your blog, you may had thought that marketing and writing skills are all you needed to have. Well that would be wrong. A blog owner needs to know how to keep the blog data protected and which measures to take for staying protected against cyber-attacks. You can define whether your blog is infected by the presence of these symptoms:
Here are important tips for keeping your blog secure
2) Control access to the blog You should create a new administrator account and delete the existing default one as the cyber criminals tend to target these accounts. You also need to define the access rights for all the user accounts and delete those that belong to users to post irrelevant content.
3) Maintain an updated blogging platform Be sure to immediately apply any updates that are released for your platform as these will also close any recently discovered security holes.
4) Regularly backup your blog Your blog’s database needs to be regularly backed-up, so be sure to include this in your schedule. This can be done either with the use of a web hosting package (which includes automatic back-ups) or can be performed manually. At least 2 copies of the blog’s database should be retained.
5) Update your plugins Always keep your plugins updated as cyber criminals will use the vulnerabilities that exist for harming your blog and also delete any old plugins that you don’t use anymore.
6) Use only themes from trusted sources If you plan to install a theme that was not obtained from a trusted source, just don’t as you risk of having malicious code installed on your website.
7) Protect your computer from malware While ensuring your blog’s security is important, retaining a clean and safe computer, equipped with a good antivirus and a malware blocking tool is important too and of course always keeping it up to date by installing the latest application and security updates.