Contents of Post
- 1 Simple Step to Increase Internet Speed via Mozilla Firefox Tweak’s
- 1.1 Reduce the amount of RAM Firefox uses for its cache feature
- 1.2 Increase the Speed at Which Firefox loads pages
- 1.3 Reduce RAM usage to 10MB when Firefox is minimized:
- 1.4 Mozilla Firefox Tips to Increase Speed of Webpage Download
- 1.5 Mozilla Firefox Tip to turn off the Tab Animation
- 1.6 Mozilla Firefox Tip to turn off unnecessary scans
- 1.7 Mozilla Firefox Tip to Install Add-ones Instantly
- 1.8 Mozilla Firefox Trick to Recommend More Websites or Turn this off
- 1.9 Mozilla Firefox Trick to run the Server Script More than usual
- 1.10 Once you’re in About:Config, change the following preferences to the denoted value so that your Firefox runs faster.
- 2 Here are a few addons that can help:
- 3 Conclusion
Simple Step to Increase Internet Speed via Mozilla Firefox Tweak’s
Reduce the amount of RAM Firefox uses for its cache feature
1. Type “about:config” (no quotes) in the adress bar in the browser.
2. Find “browser.sessionhistory.max_total_viewer”
3. Set it’s value to “0“;(Zero)
Increase the Speed at Which Firefox loads pages
- Type “about:config” into the address bar and hit Enter.
(Normally the browser will make one request to a web page at a time. When you enable pipelining it will make several at once, which really speeds up page loading.)
- Alter the entries as follows:
Set “network.http.pipelining” to “true”
Set “network.http.proxy.pipelining” to “true”
Set “network.http.pipelining.maxrequests” to some number like 10.
This means it will make 10 requests at once.
- Lastly, right-click anywhere and select New-> Integer. Name it “nglayout.initialpaint.delay” and set its value to “0“;.(Zero)
This value is the amount of time the browser waits before it acts on information it receives. If you’re using a broadband connection you’ll load pages faster now.
Optionally (for even faster web browsing) here are some more options for your about:config (you might have to create some of these entries by Right Click –> New– > Interger or String
network.dns.disableIPv6: set “false”
“content.notify.backoffcount”: set “5“; (Five)
“plugin.expose_full_path”: set “true”.
“ui.submenuDelay”: set “0; (zero)
Reduce RAM usage to 10MB when Firefox is minimized:
This little hack will drop Firefox’s RAM usage down to 10 Mb when minimized:
1. Open Firefox and go to the Address Bar. Type in about:config and then press Enter.
2. Right Click in the page and select New -> Boolean.
3. In the box that pops up enter “config.trim_on_minimize”. Press Enter.
4. Now select True and then press Enter.
5. Restart Firefox.
Remember: Firefox (download it here) is the best internet browser available (in my opinion), and these tweaks below will make it even greater and faster. So enjoy!
Mozilla Firefox Tips to Increase Speed of Webpage Download
Mozilla Firefox is a faster browser and it give larger speed for browsing and downloading. This value is set inside the browser setting in integer format. You can even faster the speed of Mozilla Firefox by little changes
Open your Firefox Browser.
Navigate the following Address:
You can see that its value is 600 by default. As already told you this value is in millisecond. So edit this entry and make this to 100 and save it, and enjoy even faster browsing experience.
Mozilla Firefox Tip to turn off the Tab Animation
Latest Browser and many of the application is now having lots of animation for smoother look and eye catching appearance. But another hand of this, it require more CPU performance and RAM and other computer resource and little slower for fast user. You can turn it off too.
Simply navigate as follows
You can see the value there as True. You can simply edit it to False to turn off the Animation and get speed and resource for your other application
Mozilla Firefox Tip to turn off unnecessary scans
When any download complete Firefox Scan it for any missing in the packet and sometimes it seems to be useless. If you wish to turn off these scans then Proceed as follows.
And Change its value to False.
But we do not recommend the same because some of your ZIP/RARA files need to scan for proper sequence.
Mozilla Firefox Tip to Install Add-ones Instantly
Mozilla Firefox takes longer time than usual to install add-ones on your browser. It will wait to show you unnecessary warning, then will for you to click Install Now Then again a warning. If you are aware wht you are going to install you can prevent all these to happen. Simply follow the steps below.
There you can see value ‘2000’, just change it to ‘0’ and you are done.
But be careful from malwares and other such content in your unknown Add-ones.
Mozilla Firefox Trick to Recommend More Websites or Turn this off
When you type address in your New tab or New windows of Browser then you can see the recommendation of list of websites for you, if you wish to increase the number of recommendation for you then simply you can tweak your firefox as follows.
[+] About: Config
Here you will see the value ‘12’ by default. You can increase this limit as per your choice. But in case you don’t want any recommendation then simply put its value as ‘-1’
Mozilla Firefox Trick to run the Server Script More than usual
Mozilla Firefox allow server to run the script for 10 second for any response. If however you don’t respond within the time, script will be expire and no longer will be appear. This Rule may be Great for Wii Lan Connection but prove to be very tedious for Slower Dial up connection. So control it as you wish
Navigate as follows
Here you can see the value 10, you can enter the value of Second you desire and confirm it. And done.
Similary you can see for many other setting and change it as your choice. But be at safer side or if you did any unknown and wrong changes, you can set it as default setting.
Once you’re in About:Config, change the following preferences to the denoted value so that your Firefox runs faster.
- Set browser.tabs.animate to False
- Set browser.download.animateNotifications to False
- Set browser.preferences.animateFadeIn to False
- Set browser.fullscreen.animate to 0
- Set security.dialog_enable_delay to 0
- Set network.prefetch-next to False (Only on slow Internet connections)
- Set network.http.pipelining to True
Here are a few addons that can help:
You can use the above-mentioned tips to speed up your Firefox experience. Some of these tips can further speed up Firefox even if it is working fine for you, so do give them a try and reap the benefits. Also, if messing with the entries in the “about:config” page is negatively affecting your browsing experience, then immediately revert the changes and let us know in the comments to help other users.