Contents of Post
The Importance of Caching For WordPress Websites & Blogs. Why We Should the W3 Total Cache Plugin
What is Caching?
In simple terms, caching mentions to the process of creating static versions of your content, and serving that to visitors. Static pages are generally rendered quickly in browsers. This leads to faster performance of your website.
In WordPress, rendering or fetching a page (or post or custom post type) requires back and forth queries to be sent to and from the database. Now, more often than not, you will create a post or a page and then you won’t be updating it every day. Caching creates static copies of your post or page, and serves that to visitors. This way, the back and forth queries to and from the database can be avoided, thereby reducing the server load.
The Benefits of Caching
There are numerous benefits of caching in WordPress, For example:
First up, it increases the speed and performance of your website. Static cached files load faster than dynamic database queries, and this leads to faster and better performance of your website.
Caching can also help reduce the load on your hosting server. This can save server memory and I/O operations. As a result, caching is fast becoming a vital feature, especially for people with limited hosting plans.
Faster websites do not just load fast, but also get a favorable rank with search engines. This, obviously, depends heavily on other metrics as well, such as the quality of your content and your SEO settings. But all other things being constant, a website that loads faster will getter a better PageRank than a slower one. Google has confirmed that it takes page speed in consideration.
There are several free and premium WordPress plugins out there that help you to enable caching on your website and blog. One of them cache plugin is W3 TOTAL CACHE
We will discuss about the W3 Cache plugin in this article.
W3 Total Cache is extremely prevalent caching plugin for WordPress users, with over a million active sites. W3 Total Cache also help you minify and compress your scripts, and leverage various other tools to further speed up your site.
W3 Total Cache is a plugin for WordPress websites. It improves the user experience of your site by improving server performance, caching your site, and reducing download times.
W3 Total Cache Features Contain:
- Compatible with shared hosting, virtual private / dedicated servers and dedicated servers / clusters
- Transparent content delivery network (CDN) integration with Media Library, theme files and WordPress itself
- Mobile support: respective caching of pages by referrer or groups of user agents including theme switching for groups of referrers or user agents
- Caching of (minified and compressed) pages and posts in memory or on disk or on CDN (mirror only)
- Caching of feeds (site, categories, tags, comments, search results) in memory or on disk or on CDN (mirror only)
- Caching of search results pages in memory or on disk
- Caching of database objects in memory or on disk
- Caching of objects in memory or on disk
- Minification of posts and pages and feeds
- Minification of inline, embedded or 3rd party CSS (with automated updates)
- Browser caching using cache-control, future expire headers and entity tags with cache-busting
- Import post attachments directly into the Media Library
W3 Total Cache Benefits Contain:
- At least 10x improvement in overall website performance and load speed, which can positively impact your site’s search engine optimization
- Instant subsequent page views / browser caching
- Optimized progressive render: pages start rendering quickly
- Reduced page load time which leads to increased visitor time on site and more pages viewed
- Improved web server performance that can sustain high traffic periods
- All of these benefits may lead to overall better site performance and user experience, which eventually helps your Website and Blog popular.