Contents of Post
- 1 Mac File Recovery With Hi5 File Recovery Software
- 1.1 Main Causes of File Loss from Mac:
- 1.1.1 File System Corruption
- 1.1.2 Failed OS X Upgrade
- 1.1.3 Reset a Mac to Factory Settings
- 1.1.4 Solution to Mac File Loss:
- 1.1.5 File Recovery from Mac with Hi5 Software File Recovery Mac:
- 1.1.6 How to Recover Files using Hi5 Software File Recovery Mac?
- 1.1.7 Related
- 1.1 Main Causes of File Loss from Mac:
Mac File Recovery With Hi5 File Recovery Software
File Loss from Mac:
At some point, every Mac user faces a situation where they might lose their important files. And, file loss situation increasing day by day due to increased use of computer and other digital devices. It has been reported that many Mac users facing data loss situation mainly due to their negligence. Other than human mistake, there are several logical or hardware issues due to which Mac user end up losing their files from Mac system.
Main Causes of File Loss from Mac:
Losing file due to human negligence includes accidental file deletion or formatting the drive having important file. When it comes to other factors that result in file loss from Mac, here is the list:
File System Corruption
Commonly, Mac system uses Hierarchical File System (HFS) which is comparatively fast and efficient file system than rest. Regardless of its advantages, it has many vulnerabilities. Here are the reasons which cause file loss from HFS file system.
Catalog File Corruption
catalog files are the one which holds records of all files and their directory on the volume. Catalog file includes four nodes, they are -head nodes, leaf nodes, index and map nodes. Missing any of these nodes, makes data inside your volume inaccessible.
Journal File Corruption
Journal file holds working state of your Mac drive. In case, your system terminates abruptly, then these journal files helps to restore your Mac file system to earlier state. Hence, corruption of journal files has direct influence on Mac hard drive which leads to file loss.
Failure while Resizing Volumes
In case, volume resizing operation gets interrupted or failed, then you might get into file loss situation.
Failed OS X Upgrade
Sometimes, OS X Upgradation process gets interrupted or halt by some reasons. Due to which, there is chance of file loss.
Reset a Mac to Factory Settings
There are number of reasons, due to which you may reset your Mac to factory resetting’s. In case, backup is not taken before resetting your Mac, then you may end up with file loss.
There are other reasons too, which cause file loss from Mac system and Mac base devises.
Solution to Mac File Loss:
File loss from Mac is unpredictable. It can happen anytime, anywhere. So, avoiding data loss from Mac might be impossible, but not file recovery from Mac. In this digital era, there are many tools which can help you to restore your lost or deleted files from Mac. One such efficient and reliable Mac file recovery software is Hi5 Software File Recovery for Mac.
Note: Don’t add new files to Mac drive/partition from which file has to be recovered because addition of new data will overwrite deleted files and reduces chances of file recovery.
File Recovery from Mac with Hi5 Software File Recovery Mac:
Hi5 Software File Recovery Mac helps to recover files from many devices like MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, iMac, Mav mini, etc. It has built with advanced algorithms which scans entire device or drive in few minutes and locates lost or deleted files. Some of the other benefits of Hi5 Software File Recovery Mac:
- Supports recovery of many types of files such as media files, documents, compressed files, etc.
- Recovers files easily from HFS+, HFSX, FAT16, and FAT32 file systems
- Preforms file recovery on Mac system having SATA, SCSI, IDE hard drive interfaces
- Helps to get back files from memory card, USB pen drive, external hard drive and other storage devices
- Provides Preview option to view the recovered files prior to restoration
- Offers round the clock technical assistance
Supported OS X Versions- Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard), Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard), Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion), Mac OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion), Mac OS X 10.9 (Mavericks), Mac OS X 10.10 (Yosemite), Mac OS X 10.11 (El Capitan) and Mac OS X 10.12 (Sierra)
How to Recover Files using Hi5 Software File Recovery Mac?
- Download, install and launch Hi5 File Recovery Software for Mac on your Mac
- Click on either “Deleted File Recovery” or “Lost File Recovery” based on your file loss situation
- When you see all the available drives/volumes, select the appropriate Volume from where you want to recover files and click on “Next” option
- The software will start scanning the selected drive/volume and after completion displays recovered files
- Save recovered files from Mac on any safe location
It is very common to lose files from Mac devices. But, being aware of the software that helps in recovering files from Mac will help you to prevent losing files permanently from Mac.