Contents of Post
Easy WordPress Migration With – Migrate Guru Plugin Review
Manual migration are problematic. You may experience fatal issues while moving a WordPress site like data loss, misplaced databases or internal server errors. Additionally it requires a considerable investment of time and effort to set up another site, and ensure that everything is working perfectly.
Yet WordPress migrations are an indispensable necessity to the WordPress community.
To help you in this endeavor, here’s our Migrate Guru plugin review.
Migrate Guru is one of the most popular WordPress migration plugin, and it is easy to see why. It offers an outstanding set of features for both regular WordPress users and developers.
Migrate Guru is the fastest way to migrate WordPress sites. It simplifies difficult WordPress migrations which include multi-site networks or sites as large as 200 GB even. It simplifies website migration by performing the task of migration with minimal technical knowledge.
Migrate Guru has many feathers in its cap, including over 500,000+ total migrations, 400,000+ sites migrated, 100,000+ hours saved and a 99.99% success rate, 0 risks! Impressive!
Migrate Guru Features
Migrate Guru set itself apart with its winning features. Here’s how.
- One-click Migrations: Install, enter form, click Migrate. Done!
- No Overload on site: The migration process occurs on their servers, so that your source site is not affected.
- Built for large sites: Large site migrations usually fail because of live-site server import limits. For Migrate Guru 200GB data is migrated like a breeze.
- No Storage space is required: Your site is copied to Migrate Guru servers. After the migration is complete, the copy is erased.
- Compatible with every web host: Move your site to and from any web host.
- Fully automatic, built-in Search and Replace: Serialised data and accurate Search and Replace algorithms are embedded for your convenience
- Timely alerts: You will receive real time email alerts to keep you up to the minute regarding the migration status.
- No addons: No hidden costs, no extra charges here!
- Completely Free: Migrate Guru serves as a full-proof migration service at no cost to you, at all!
Migrate websites using Migrate Guru
Learn how to use Migrate Guru visually here.
- Install Migrate Guru.
Select the web host you are migrating to. You can download Migrate Guru from here and install it by uploading it through WordPress dashboard or via SFTP.
- Fill out the Migrate Guru migration form.
Enter your email address to receive email alerts and details of your site migration.
Select the web host you are transferring your web host to.
Fill in a form indicating the site details.
The details will be credentials known to you from accessing your destination web host.
The plugin will give you a small form to fill up with the following fields.
- Destination Site URL: This is the URL of the site (domain) you’ve set up on your new web host.
- Destination Server IP address: This is the server IP address of the site configured on your web host account.
- Advanced Options: Click on this option ONLY if either the site being moved or the destination site are https:/’ instead of http://.
To find these details, follow the steps below:
- Log in to your web host account and click on the Menu bar.
- Click on Hosting and choose cPanel.
- You will find the destination server IP address on the left-hand bar of the cPanel page.
- For the cPanel username, access the mail your web host would have sent you when you first signed up for an account. The cPanel password is usually set when signing up for web host service. It is the same password you use to login to your regular web host account.
Note: If the URLs of either one begin with ‘https://’, they are HTTP authenticated. If your web host domain’s URL is protected with HTTP authentication, you would have received an email with the validation credentials. These credentials can also be retrieved from the site’s server logs.
Now that you have all the required details, enter them in the Migrate Guru form. If you have any more doubts there is a Support and Help section over to the right.
- Click on Migrate.
Once you click the Migrate button, Migrate Guru will send you an email notification confirming that the process of migration has begun.
You will simultaneously be taken to a screen that displays the real-time process of your website migration. A link to this can also be found in the email notification sent to you.
Of course, you don’t need to keep your browser window open once the migration begins.
Basically, install the plugin, enter your hosting details, and click Migrate.
Migrate Guru is the best tool for a stress free site migration. It is so uncomplicated, it makes website migrations child’s play!
Install Migrate Guru from here.
If you have any queries you can contact the Migrate Guru team using their contact form at support page.